Thursday, January 29, 2009
Wednesday, January 28, 2009
- I did our Federal Tax Return today, I used TuboTax (free edition), which offers FREE, Federal returns, this also includes e-filing...all for free. They have really improved there return and it was very simple, just go through and answer the questions. NOTE: have your 2007 Tax Return on hand in order to complete the e-filing.
Tuesday, January 27, 2009
- Just a note: we are expecting an ice storm starting in the next few hours (predicting up to 1" of ice). I have filled the water pitchers in the kitchen (for drinking), the camping water jugs from the shop (for flushing), done all the dishes and vacuumed (nothing worse than sitting around looking at clutter), we have food, 2 new magazines, the bird feeders are full and Kenneth will have to check the generator when he gets home. I have to work this evening, we'll probably be swamped with MVC's and falls. Everyone take care and we'll keep you posted. There's chicken in the crock pot...
made a creamy sauce..
- Amanda and Charles drove home yesterday and ran into the same storm before they got home. They ended up the last 50+ miles following the sand trucks and for the last 10+ miles following a woman driving 5 mph. They are both home today, Amanda just called and said nobody is going anywhere for at least today.
Curly Sue was very sick yesterday...watery diarrhea, vomiting, she wouldn't go outside (she loves outside), we fed her yogurt and water through a syringe to keep her hydrated. She woke up this morning "all better", so am very thankful for that. Here she has been digging another whole in the yard.
Saturday, January 24, 2009
Friday, January 23, 2009
Wednesday, January 21, 2009
Tuesday, January 20, 2009
I continue to read and learn from all these other people just trying to make ends meet. Bless all of you who take the time to share your experiences and ideas.
Monday, January 19, 2009
So we got some Texas onion sets and came home and I planted them and the Snap peas I had saved from last year I never got planted. I mentioned at work that I had planted them and everyone was "isn't it too early for planting?"
I said "well Wal Mart has there plants for sale so I thought it was OK." one of the guys replied "Yeah, but Wal Mart starts selling Christmas in September now!" So I guess we'll see how things do. I plan on covering the onion sets on nights its going to be below freezing. I hope they do well.
Wednesday, January 14, 2009
- Step One: Purchase $50 worth of ANY P&G products between 12/14/2008 and 1/31/2009 at Sam's Club.
- Step Two: Circle the P&G products and their corresponding prices on your original cash register receipt(s) from Sam's Club
- Step Three: Print the form and fill it out.
- Step Four: In a stamped envelope, enclose the form and original dated sales receipt(s) with item descriptions and product purchase prices and mail by February 14, 2009. Mail to:
Sam's Club Gift Card Offer5400-574PO Box 758959El Paso, TX 88575-8959
- Check it out HERE.