Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Farmington, MO

We went to Farmington to visit with Kenneth's brother Terry.
We hadn't seen each other for several years, notice the family resemblance?
We were able to visit with him a couple of times...in between we went sight seeing. We visited a park in town where they advertised a tree covered path where you can walk beside two ponds and see birds and wildlife.

This is what we discovered.






Another path.

that led to a wildflower field.












the lacecaps were my favorites, they reminded me of snowflakes where no two looked alike.







we discovered where the deer had bedded down the night before.



and another path

which ran beside a creek.

We went back that night to see the path lit up.

We drove around downtown and saw a sign that read "Historic Farmington, established 1786"

They had some beautiful old homes.



everywhere there were hanging baskets.

and we visited Earth Mother natural food store.
I got whole vanilla beans to make my own Vanilla flavoring.
These pots are all planted with Herbs for medicinal use.

I wish I knew what they were all used for.

No comments: