- Be Prepared
- Walton Feed
- Paula's Bread Best "Truck Load" prices for hard wheat, beans, TVP (bacon, sausage pepperoni) and popcorn. Products ordered from Walton Feed.
- Pleasant Hill Grain
- Natural Meals Best books.
- Disaster Necessities
- Grandma's Country Foods
- USA Emergency Supply's Best prices for Gamma Seal Lids. Don't know what shipping is though. BEST "Information Center".
- Honeyville Grain Best prices for freeze dried fruits, steel cut oats and Blue corn. Also cheapest shipping price...$4.49!
- Auguson Farms
#2.5 can= 2 1/2 cups or 20 oz.
#10 can = 10-12 cups or 96 oz.
Amanda picked up my electric grain/bean grinder (I found it on Craigslist for 1/2 price), now all I need is to order some wheat/bean seeds.
Are you ready for some home ground bread...Hot from the oven?
2 LOAVES WHOLE WHEAT BEAD
using my Kitchen Aid Mixer...
- 2 cups warm water
- 1 T yeast
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/3 cup oil
- 2 t. salt
- 1/3 cup gluten ( you can substitute crushed vitamin C, 1/8 T per loaf)
- 5 to 6 cups whole wheat flour, freshly
- ground if possible (I use Hard White Wheat) 1 cup wheat berries makes approximately 1 1/2 cups ground flour.
In a stand up type mixer such as a Kitchen Aid combine water, yeast and honey. Let this sit for about 5 minutes or until the yeast is nice and bubbly. Add oil, salt, gluten flour and 3 to 4 cups of whole wheat flour. Knead this with your mixer and continue to add more flour until the dough does not stick to the side of the bowl and does not feel sticky to the touch. Knead for another 7 to 8 minutes.
When dough has finished kneading remove from mixer and divide the dough into 2 pieces and shape into loaves and put into bread pans that have been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
Place in preheated 150* oven for 20 - 30 minutes to let rise, then increase temperature to 350* for approx. 30 minutes more or until golden brown.
I also have some homemade butter waiting.