Amanda and I joined a newly formed quilting group...
This was our first assignment...
I'm thinking of finishing it into a wall hanging.
so I went ahead and added the border.
We're supposed to make a BOM (block a month)
and then combine them into a quilt.
But, of course I have to be different.
Since we won't know what each block is until our monthly class,
I think I'll just see what I won't to do with each block as we go.
Love the basket...
squaring the blocks as I go...
The basket pieces "fussy cut" from a Mary Engelbright fabric.
I cut all the flower squares and put them on a baking sheet to keep them in order.
Our second assignment, which Amanda taught, A "disappearing four patch". Mines a little different, and I now can see two errors.
Although our leader tells us, there are no mistakes in quilting..
I think this one will be a pillow cover for the living room...
stay tuned... next month I'm presenting a "Stars and Pinwheels"
design from Eleanor Burns, Quilt in a Day.