Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Going GREEN...

Amanda and Charles got me some reusable bags to start using. My first thought was "How do people know these are my bags, not some I just grabbed off the end of the counter?" So I tied left over ribbon and rick rack to each of the bags to personalize them. We also have a big freezer bag to put the frozen and refrigerator stuff in. Now to remember to actually use them.
  • NOTE: I used my bags this weekend when we went to 3 different stores. But even though I laid the bag on the counter for the girl to bag the items, she still put them into a plastic bag, so I took them back out and placed them in my bag. At another store I forgot to take the bag in, so I told the girl I didn't want a bag I would just carry out my 4 items. She gave me the funniest look and then said "OK?". I think we still have a long way to go in getting everyone on the wagon.

In our effort to save as much on the electric bill this winter as we can we went out and bought this water heater insulation blanket. (OK, we bought it last spring but we finally installed it today.) Do you ever think... we can do this...it shouldn't take just a few minutes...all you have to do is wrap it around and tape it - right? It did take us about an hour or so ( Kenneth and I always have our own ideas on how to do a project we probably spend more time discussing how we each think it should be done, before we actually get anything done.) But... here it is...

Not bad...

  • The other project I'm working on is... trying to get better organized in the house. Do you ever say... "where's the key to???" or "what's this key go to???" No, never. Well we do it all the time. So when we were at the home improvement store the other day I saw these...
    you use each one to specifically label exactly what the keys are for and so your able to actually find them later, it come with a holder!
    How cool is that!
    and then we still have the ones which came with their own key rings.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

the key thingy is cool, but of course, first thing I thought of was...now all the burglars will know how to open everything!

Love you.

Sheri