Sunday, June 14, 2009

Free fixture...

this was the swag lights that hung over the vanity...the ones in the master bathroom were similar to these but we took them down before I got a picture.

Several years ago as I passed a Garage Sale that was packing up I spotted something I just thought I had to have. So I turned around and went back to ask the price and they said "take anything you want for FREE". We're finished and if you want it you can have it. WOW! So I picked up this light fixture...of course it didn't have any globes with it but I thought it would look good in the bathroom.

Fast forward to now... we started looking at Home Depot and Lowes for globes and they were $5 - $6 dollars apiece. Well the last couple weeks I have been going through things and we had a bunch of stuff we took in to the Salvation Army, we decided to go in and look around and found a whole bunch of globes for .99 each! So we picked out three we liked and came home to put them up in our bathroom. Unfortunately these are the ones I picked out and they wouldn't fit on the fixture, they were too big at the base. Now what? Well...we went into Amanda's room and took the globes from the ceiling fan and switched them out.
Very pretty. All's well that ends well.

No comments: