Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Thank you...

I would like to thank all those who called or have left comments lately. I need to make two corrections on the previous posts. 1st the new boat is only 15' long and 2nd NO! I'm not growing illegal drugs in the back yard garden.

Nothing much has happened the last few weeks, we had 6" of rain and then one really hot week, temps over 100*, but the last few days have been perfect fall weather. Kenneth has been getting the boat ready to use and we took it out once to test drive it and I got my first lesson on running it. We are planning a camping trip the end of September.

The garden is still giving us okra and squash. We have decided that we like squash fried with a little cornmeal or just boiled with a little butter. I have tried a couple different recipes for casseroles and haven't found one yet that has been "Yeah! you can make that one again!". I am open to any suggestions, really.

We have been trying to get things ready for Emily's 1st birthday party. I just wish I didn't have to work that weekend. Hope everyone can make it for her special day.

I continue using the clothesline as much as possible and trying not to run the air conditioning whenever possible. So these 60* mornings have been really nice.

No comments: