Monday, February 7, 2011

cooking...

In the crockpot know...I am making baked potato chowder. It turns out really well, start out with basic potato soup (potatoes, celery, onions, I add chicken bullion/pepper and garlic. When cooked through mash up the potatoes then add condensed milk some Velveeta chunks and bacon bits.
Freezes well for future quick meals.

I made cornmeal biscuits from COOKS COUNTRY TV to go with the soup.
PREHEAT OVEN TO 450*
Mix: 1 c corn meal, 1 1/4 c buttermilk, 1 T honey, stir together and let sit while you mi together in food processor: 2 c flour, 1 T baking powder, 1/2 T baking soda, 1 T salt. Pulse together with 1 1/2 sticks butter, cut into small pieces. Leave some butter chunks. Then add to cornmeal mixture. Turn onto floured surface. Knead slightly form into one piece about 3/4" thick. Cut into biscuits. Bake 5 minutes at 450* then reduce heat to 400* continue baking 12 more minutes.

I also like Italian Wedding Soup...I found a easy recipe here at The Bakers Bench, I'll cook some of this up tomorrow. I'll use the premade meatballs from Sam's though. Another meal in the freezer for later.

I also found a good recipe here for white chili with cornbread. Love making these into easy crock-pot meals.

Stay warm

No comments: