Monday, June 17, 2013

We interrupt this redo...

We started painting in the craft/sewing/computer room last weekend, Kenneth hates the paneling, but we can't afford to replace it because that would mean redoing all the window and door trim in the room.  So while Kenneth mudded one "accent" wall,



 I decided to play a paint trick with the paneling by painting it with horizontal stripes. I'm hoping that then instead of seeing the verticle stripes from the panels your eye will follow the stripes across.


we also pulled up and burned the old carpet. Kenneth even got all the nail edges pulled up while I was painting. It ended up taking three coats, but are your eyes fooled...


my next day off I was going to start painting the alternate stripe. We had picked a color which we both agreed on! No Yellow, No Blue, Pink, Purple, Black, Gray...


BEHR Premium Plus Ultra 8 oz. #410A-3 Honeydew Interior/Exterior Paint Sample


"Behr Paint Honeydew"

but when I put it on the wall...


it came out too yellow (on the right), so we went and had it darkened, 
 It's also got painted over to see the difference.

BUT... the girls came to spend the night and since their room looks like this...


I made them a pallet and a tent over it, (their Dad's idea) made from the silk sheet and dining room chairs.


We'll get back to painting on my next day off...

No comments: