Saturday, September 13, 2008

Tracking "IKE"...

These are other weather radars where you can watch the hurricane pass over our house.

http://www.ksla.com/global/Category.asp?c=125589

This one is from Shreveport, LA. KSLA Channel 12

http://www.intellicast.com/Storm/Severe/OneKM.aspx?location=USTX1383&animate=true

From Intellicast you can track the path of the storms.

Its going to be an interesting day. I am a weather freak. I guess it come from my early memories of my mother making us "pallets" under the bed to sleep at night when the weather was bad and her staying up all hours of the night watching out for the severe weather.

I have seen that we are in the 6" rainfall possible area on the maps and wind to 40 - 60 mph. I don't think we should actually have any damage at home, especially since we cut down all the huge pine trees that used to be around the house. The only problem would be from power outages, but I think as long as its back within 24 hrs the freezer stuff will still be OK.

If anybody from home reads this please let us know anything major going on, Thanks.
We will keep you all updated from this end as to what Charles and Amanda get.

No comments: