Wednesday, May 21, 2008

The view out my kitchen window...

Today Amanda had to call and burst my fantasy, a lady she works with was reading the blog and mentioned that "your Mom lives in the country?"
No she doesn't, Amanda informed her, she lives on a major highway.
No, I said, we live on the future "Trans-Texas-Corridor" which will run from Mexico to Canada when its completed, but that's only out the front door. Because as you can see from the view from my kitchen window, I so live in the country!


You can see our huge burn pile in the backyard, Kenneth's shop, the patio to the left and closeline to the right...windchimes and my birdfeeder. A pleasant view.

Here is my kitchen window sill. Every item holds a memorie.


"K" is for Kenneth,keys, knitting and kitten, the tulip is from my friend Martha, I like ladybugs, the "rose rock" is from Oklahoma and belonged to my Grandpa Griesel, the "J" is for Julia, jam, jack-o-lantern and jack-in-the-box, small pitcher and bowel were made by Amanda, "I have CHICKENS", the "F" is for Fleshman, fairy, flowers and frog, Daisey sugar bowel canister is from a trip to Dallas, a birdhouse timer and the Bluebird creamer was hand painted by my Mom.