Thursday, July 3, 2008

Happy 32nd Anniversary


33 years ago my best friend told me...

"Kenneth is going to ask you to go steady", is that term even used anymore? Anyway she continued..."and I want you to be sure and tell him, Yes".


So on the night of the big moment I was all prepared for him to ask me and I had practiced in my head on saying, "Yes." Only he never asked me to go steady... he just gave me his class ring, no words just placed his ring on my finger.


A few days later he was driving me home after a date (Olivia Newton John was singing "I Honestly Love You" on the radio) and he asked me...

"Will you marry me?"

and because I had been practicing I said "Yes!"


wait a minute...I said "What did you say?"

and he said "What did you say?"


So you see it was all a miscommunication...

But, I wouldn't change it for anything.

1 comment:

JENNYB said...

AWWWWW...how sweet!
Happy Anniversary Julia and Kenneth!