Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Nothing is ever easy...


what am I going to do with my 6' X 8' picture? I made it about 4 years ago and hung it in our bedroom, but Wednesday, May 6th we pulled the carpet up out of our room and with the carpet removal (of course) I decided it would be a good time to paint the walls, get some throw rugs for the sides of the bed, a new quilt, finish painting the hall ... etc. etc. etc.


when we pulled up the carpet we expected to find the same 70's style linoleum we found through the rest of the house. Surprise, Surprise, we found concrete. When Kenneth pulled up the nail tack strips it left little wholes around the entire perimeter of the bedroom. So off to Home Depot for filler and paint. Sheri suggested I use Home Depot paint because it is thicker and takes fewer coats. (just a note, as of this posting I have found this to be very true. the Lowes paint I used in the dining room took 2 coats of Kilz and 2 coats of paint to cover the paneling, the Home Depot paint covered the paneling in one coat without the Kilz.)


here is our mattress in the hall.


everything moved into the middle of the room. see the window, that window has been blacked out for the last 2 1/2 years. Its nice to have the Sunshining in again.


the dogs had to come in to check it out. we are going to paint the floor for now until I figure out what we'll do with it. The new color scheme is pale blue walls and a light gray floor. if I was really with it I would love to refinish the dressers and nightstand in a white wash finish. I'll keep you posted. (Since this is a delayed post I am hoping to have some more up-to-date pictures on this weekend.)

No comments: