Thursday, August 28, 2008

Going up the mountian...

Ober Gatlinburg is a tram ride that takes you to the top of the mountain. Once there they have several small specialty shops and...well you'll see


This is one of the old trams, they updated them a few years ago to this...

OK! here we go...

Views of the mountain homes from above the tree tops.





Hello! The other tram coming back down.




this one they call the "Barbie Mansion", its supposed to be a replica of same.


They had a black bear habitat.




OK, OK...I see them, I'm coming...don't rush me.

It's my job to be photogenic. So I go up the tree...

Are you getting your cameras ready? I only do this once an hour.

Not yet...wait for it...

OK...NOW!

Now back to doing what bears do best.

They had an indoor skating rink.



Outside they had a ski lift ride and a toboggan ride.

the ski lift ride goes on all the way to the top of the mountain. This is the view up when your standing in line waiting to get on. Little pep talk here, I can do this!

We're on!

tobogganers coming down.

the blue line only goes half way up to where you ride the toboggans back down, the red line goes all the way to the top.



we're almost to the top. That wasn't so bad.
View of Gatlinburg from the top.


They had benches set up and entertainment. In between sets the banjo player also did wood carving.

OK, here we go back down.


See the girl coming up on the left...she was more afraid than I was, if you notice she even forgot to pull her safety bar in front of her.

That was fun!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I visited there about 12 years ago and had a wonderful memorable time, but no camera. I recognized many of the sights and the hotel we stayed in. The Barbie house is very unique! We rode a tram thing to the top, standing up crowded in, daylight going up and dark at night coming down. Thanks for sharing and bringing back good times!!