Tuesday, August 19, 2008

A moment of weakness...

For quite awhile now I have been trying to talk myself into purchasing a Kitchen Aid Mixer. You know the conversation goes something like this: You would make homemade meals and delicious breads and baked goods and blah, blah, blah... and then I would go NO! its too expensive and all those things probably wouldn't even happen it would just gather dust on the kitchen cabinet. But last night I was looking online and Penny's was having a 20% off Sale along with Free Shipping and a Bonus extra bowl and beater and with this savings of $195.00 I placed the order...then I put it on Hold...but it said "the price listed and the bonus and free shipping may not be available at a later date"...what to do, what to do... Penny's always has free shipping offers, but the 20% off deal...hhmmmm and 2 weeks ago instead of the free bowl and beater they were offering a $40. VISA card instead and the bowl and beater is worth twice as much... these are all good arguments. Still, its alot of money, but its a Kitchen Aid.
12 cup avg. capacity
2 batches Makes 6 1 lb. loaves bread
2 batches 10 dozen Makes 120 cookies
7 lbs. mashed potatoes
5 Qt. Pro Bowl-Lift

Yes... I can hear you now, and there is a possibility that some day I might need to make 7 pounds of mashed potatoes. So as most who know me have already guess...it should be here in 3-4 days. Then I had to tell Kenneth and he's like "I told you to get one a couple years ago" like it wasn't a really difficult decision.

Me doing the "Happy Dance", I have a kitchen aid!

UPDATE (Wednesday Aug. 20, 2008): Its here! It arrived this afternoon...Its red and big and HEAVY! Now where to put it? It doesn't fit on the cabinet, there's not enough room between the counter top and the bottom of the top cabinets. OK, some major rearranging is needed, because it needs a place to show off.

1 comment:

JENNYB said...

I am officially jealous!
Congrats on your new toy