Sunday, June 15, 2008

Clothesline...

I'm not really sure why, but trust me I'm not complaining, we got our electric bill the other day and I have really not been looking forward to it, just thinking it would probably be close to $200.00 since we've been running the air conditioner at 76* the last several weeks. But when I opened the bill it was only $100.61!
The only thing I can think we have really changed was putting up the clothesline and hardly using the dryer anymore. I realized talking with Amanda today that a dryer runs on 220 outlet. Does this mean it uses more electricity then an item that plugs into a 110 outlet?
Last months bill was $96.00 and we really weren't running the air because it was cool enough to have the windows open, but I was still using the dryer.
So if you are interested in trying to save on your bills also, but don't have an old family clothesline lying around for you to reuse, here is a web site I accidentally came across

I never knew there were so many different clotheslines out there. Here's to more lower bills in the future. woohoo
Just a note:
Something to remember if you start line drying your clothes...
  1. It takes a little longer for things to dry on a cloudy day.
  2. Be ready to get them off the line if it begins to sprinkle, or
  3. Maybe your neighbor decides to mow the lawn.
  4. Fold and put away as soon as they come off the line to cut back on wrinkles.
  5. Be prepared for fresh sunshine smells without the extra perfumes.
  6. Bath towels and washrags are more scratchy, but we like that.
  7. You can't find any clothespins to use on the potato chip bags because there out on the clothesline.
  8. Watch your step...how dare the ants/gopher/bumble bee be living under my clothesline.
  9. Smile alot knowing your saving money.

1 comment:

JENNYB said...

now if I can just get my husband to put me a clothesline up.