Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Peach Cobbler...

Kenneth came home from playing golf Sunday and said he needed a recipe for peach cobbler, because he wanted to cook me something. So I got out my "Better Homes and Gardens Cook Book" and found a simple recipe.

Of course Kenneth ended up having to replace the battery in the purple truck, so I went ahead and made up the cobbler. Since I already had some crust in the freezer I took out 1 ball to thaw while we ran to Wal Mart to get the battery.

Basically all your doing is thickening the juice of a can of sliced peaches. OK, I used two big cans, drained off the juice in a bowl, measure out 3/4 Cup of the juice into a sauce pan, add 1/2 Cup brown sugar, 6 teaspoons flour and a teaspoon nutmeg. Simmer over low heat until it boils and begins to thicken.

Meanwhile I pured the drained peaches into a 8" X 8" pan and since I could still see a little juice in them I sprinkled some Tapioca onto them and mixed it up. Once the juice, basically caramel, is thick pour it over the peaches, roll out your crust and place on top, cut slits for the juices to escape and bake.



It looked like it needed a little cinnamon and sugar on top.
That's better.

Finished product...where's the ice cream!

No comments: