Friday, June 20, 2008

Okra grows up?

Okra blooms


See the okra growing up, I didn't know it grew that way. Then you must use a sharp knife to cut it off. We have been getting about 5 okra every other day.

This may come as a shock to some who think I have all the knowledge of the ages when it comes to growing a garden, but I don't really have a clue as to what I'm doing. That's why I'm so amazed when it grows. I just started with an idea that things were going to get a little rough over the next couple of years and started doing research on the computer to put in a little kitchen garden and here we are now.
We still aren't getting anymore from the garden then we can eat, but I know that this is still helping with the grocery bill. Now if I can just get Kenneth to become a vegetarian...

No comments: