Monday, June 16, 2008

Homemade Detergents

In my continuing effort to save money (cause I really don't won't to work that much) I have found some recipes to make your own detergents.

Laundry detergent recipe:
  • 2 cups grated bar soap (Ivory)
  • 1 cup Arm & Hammer Washing Soda
  • 1 Cup 20 Mule Team Borax

Uae 2 Tablespoons per load

Grate the bar soap and then run through the food processor to pulverize it into a powder, mix together with A & H and Borax. Place in container.

Note: I'm using my empty plastic coffee canisters to keep it in, and wrote the name and recipe on the lid for future use.

Fabric Softner:

1/4 cup white vinagar

Pour into a Downy ball and toss into washing machine.

Note: I bought a gallon of white vinegar and keep it next to the washing machine just for this use.

Dishwashing Detergent:

Equal parts:

  • Arm & Hammer Washing Soda
  • 20 Mule Team Borax

Use 1 Tablespoon per load.

Note: Again I mixed mine a put it in a plastic coffee canister, then wrote the Name and directions on the lid.

To find other recipes to make your own detergents go to www.tipnut.com

No comments: